Top 5 Things You Need to Know About Tramadol
What is Tramadol ?:
Tramadol is prescribed to adults who are experiencing severe to moderate pain. The effects produced by Tramadol are the same as those produced by opioid(narcotic) analgesic drugs. Tramadol is known to change the way your body responds and feels pain. It is done by temporarily blocking the neurotransmitters that pass on the signals of pain to the brain, where they are processed.
Side effects of Tramadol:
Tramadol may make a person tired. Therefore, it is advisable not to use this before doing any work that may be risky for your health and others like using heavy machinery, driving a car, etc.
Some of the common side effects of Tramadol are:
- Vomiting and nausea
- Dry mouth
- Lack of energy
Above-mentioned side effects are usually mild and may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If you are experiencing these effects for longer than expected, get in touch with your medical consultant right away.
Serious side effects of Tramadol:
connect with an expert right away if you experience any symptoms that you feel may be life-threatening or any of the ones listed below:
Symptoms categorizing Serotonin Syndrome:
- Fast heartbeats,
- Strong reflexes,
- A rise in body temperature,
- High Blood pressure,
- Lack of Coordination (difficulty in controlling movements of your body),
- Hallucinations, and
- Vomiting and nausea,
Symptoms categorizing Serious breathing problems:
- Breathing rate is slowed,
- Confusion, dizziness, or fainting, and
- Shallow Breathing (minor chest movement while breathing)
Symptoms categorizing Adrenal insufficiency:
- Muscle weakness,
- Pain in your abdomen, and
- Long-lasting fatigue
Symptoms categorizing Androgen deficiency:
- Decreased levels of energy,
- Trouble sleeping, and
Addiction or misuse of Tramadol :
Symptoms categorizing Physical dependence and withdrawal:
- Runny nose,
- Teary eyes,
- Fast heart rate,
- Rapid breathing rate,
- Increased blood pressure,
- Trouble sleeping,
- Anxious, restless or feeling irritable,
- Dilated (large) pupils,
- Stomach cramps and diarrhea,
- Loss of appetite,
- Pain in muscles, joints, or back.
What is Tramadol used for?
Tramadol is a drug that is prescribed by the doctors to relieve patients suffering from severe from moderate pain. Tramadol is a drug that works in similar ways like opioid(narcotic) drugs. It changes the way how the human body feels and responds to pain by blocking the neuroreceptors. By such job, Tramadol provides calm and relaxation. This drug used to treat both acute and chronic illnesses.
Do not use Tramadol in the following conditions :
Tramadol is a very useful and beneficial medication for pain, but it may also cause some unwanted effects. Because this drug contains some inactive and active chemical ingredients which may react to the human body at some adverse conditions.
Here, we have created a shortlist of conditions which may not suitable for the Tramadol use,
- While using other drugs: Using Tramadol with other medicines may cause side effects which will not look right for you. When you take Tramadol with other drugs, it makes interaction and converts into a new substance which may change the work of medicine and harm you.
- While using Alcohol: It is also not good to take Tramadol with alcohol. Using alcohol with this drug may increase or decrease the effects of medicine which can make a dangerous reaction in the human body.
- Allergic: You are advised to avoid such drug if you are allergic to Tramadol. You should not take Tramadol if you are allergic or if you have
- Severe asthma or breathing problem
- A blockage in your intestines or stomach
- If you have recently used sedatives, tranquilizer, or narcotic medications and other conditions.
- During pregnancy period: Using Tramadol during the pregnancy period may cause adverse effects which will not be suitable for your unborn baby. So, don’t take Tramadol during the pregnancy period.
- Liver or kidney diseases: Don’t take this drug without a consultation with your doctor if you are suffering or have a history of liver and kidney problems.
- Urination problem: Don’t use this drug if you have a problem with urination like difficulty in urination, more frequent urination or pain while urination, etc.
Can Tramadol be Administered for children ?
Tramadol is not suitable for children, it an only for the use in persons above 12 years of age.